Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Waiting is HARD..

Yesterday, the Rick Warren devotion sent to my email caught my eye - Waiting is the HARDEST part.

I must say I FULLY AGREE with this (same sentiments anyone?) because all my life I realised that waiting is a process that I experience till now and definitely forever..and..it is HARD!

And many times, we tend to try taking things in our own hands, hoping that it will reduce the waiting time and discomfort of waiting.

Sarai from the Bible is one good example. As you read, Sarai actually took it upon herself to solve God's problem.

Let's take a pause here.

How many times have we tried to take things from the hands of our Creator(i.e. Jesus Christ) and simply forget that we are nothing without the Creator. To put it simply, how can we, the masterpiece of the Creator be able to fathom the thoughts and ways of our Creator??!

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isa 55: 8-10

Jon Walker (author of 'Growing with Purpose,' and editor of the Purpose Driven Life On-line Devotionals) commented:

"When faced with a delayed answer, do you break with God? What does manipulating an answer to our prayers say about our belief in God's character?"

I believe it speaks alot.

Consider it.