Sunday, July 19, 2009

Build the Dream He Has Placed Within You

(An excerpt from Rick Warren's daily devotion)

"'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." (Mark 9: 23 NIV)

God will build your faith by planting a dream within you. But that dream will require a decision of faith, and then God will stretch your faith as you face delays, difficulties, and dead ends.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, the dream has been planted within me. Now, it is to make that decision of faith so that the dream God has placed within me can start to grow, and ultimately blossom!

Lord, I pray for your strength and wisdom to be upon me. Grant me the faith to step out and make that decision, once and for all. Not looking back on things that I should/could have done, but looking forward to fulfill that dream that you have birthed within me. God, teach me to deal with all distractions (esp ones that I'm more susceptible to); help me to face the delays, difficulties, and even dead ends without complaining, but with the confidence that I can, because I believe.