Monday, July 06, 2009

Resent, resign or anticipate?

Do you sometimes wonder if God knows what's best for you, if in fact His Will will be done in you?

I do. I wonder sometimes if God has it all wrong and if His hand is truly on my case.

"Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" - Matthew 6:10 NIV

In Rick Warren's devotion, he said:

You can pray "Your will be done" in three different ways. You can say it in:

- RESENTMENT: "Your will be done, but I don't like it.";
- RESIGNATION: "Your will be done, because I can't help it."; or
- ANTICIPATION: "Your will be done, because I know it is the best and that's what I want for my life today!"

I find myself sitting on the fence between RESENTMENT & ANTICIPATION and RESIGNATION & ANTICIPATION sometimes, especially when things don't turn out the way I want it to.

At the end of the day, if we profess that Jesus is Lord and He is the Author and Perfecter of our faith (Heb 12: 2), we should be ones who pray 'Your will be done' in ANTICIPATION. Afterall, His ways and thoughts are higher than ours (Isa 55: 9)

"Lord, teach me to humble myself and place everything at Your feet. Teach me to understand Your sovereignty in my life and allow You to let Your Will be done in my life according to YOUR time."