Thursday, September 03, 2009

Decision-making in the CLEAREST of times..

"Commitments to a preferred future do not come randomly. They are intentionally established at times when you are thinking clearly and are close to God." - Cordeiro, W

How many times have we made the WRONG decisions at the WRONG time (i.e. in the spur of a moment):

- after an argument with our parents;
- a tiff with our boyfriend/husband;
- a bad day at work;
- a discouraged moment in ministry;
- moments of silence while waiting on God;
- people who do not reciprocate according to your expectations etc

I believe we have all made some wrong decisions when we were not in the best 'time' of our lives, and sometimes, these wrong decisions result in long-term consequences that cannot be reversed.

Looking back, I have made some decisions at the wrong 'times' and these have resulted in situations less favorable. I thank God that these bad decisions never led to any major consequences. Now that I am back in Singapore for a season, I'm in a mode where I have to do alot of pondering and planning to the next step of my life - career, relationship, family etc. These are definitely areas of my life that I DO NOT want to make decisions that I will regret later on.

Hence, it is VERY IMPORTANT that we make decisions at the clearest of times - when we are "thinking with insight rather than ambiguity".

The next time you feel discouraged, angry or in a physical setback, take a step back and refrain from making any hasty decisions. Instead, allow yourself to take control of your emotions before you make any decisions.